It’s Time to Upgrade to a New Pool Safety Cover
News, Pool Maintenance, Pool Safety
Having a pool means spending time outside, splashing in the water and just soaking up all the sun you can with family and friends. However, once summer fades and the temperature starts to drop, you have to start thinking of how to keep your pool safe, clean and warm during the colder weather. The most effective solution to this problem is to get a pool safety cover. Its multi-purposes make it a great investment for every responsible pool owner.
Here are a few reasons why it’s a good idea to upgrade to a pool safety cover:
- When a pool safety cover is used, it prevents heat loss by protecting the pool water during the cold days and at night. The water retains more heat at night when a cover is placed on top, which ends up helping to reduce the money you spend on heating the pool.
- Pool safety covers keep the pool clean. Without a cover, anything from in and around the surrounding area can find its way into the pool, including leaves, branches, toys, and other unwanted items you don’t want to see in your pool.
- When evaporation takes place, you will not only have to compensate for the temperature change, but also for the water that’s lost. A pool safety cover ensures that this process is slowed down so that too much water doesn’t get wasted.
- Depending upon the environment, the chemical balance of your pool can go through different changes. Sunlight, in fact, happens to be one of the major factors that contribute to breaking down the chemistry of your pool water. Covering the pool leads to a reduction in the amount of sunlight coming in contact with your pool, thereby prolonging the effects of chlorine along with other chemicals. It also reduces the growth of algae in the pool.
- Pool safety covers aren’t just for keeping the pool clean and healthy but also serve as an extra layer of protection. A pool cover protects yourself, your kids, and your pets from falling in. Most pool safety covers can hold up to a few hundred pounds, thereby acting as a safe barrier between your family and the pool.
For more information about LOOP-LOC pool safety covers and how they’ll work to protect your pool and family, contact the pool care experts at Pool Doctor of Rhode Island today.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Pool Doctor of Rhode Island is the leading full-service pool and spa company in Rhode Island. Their business had its beginnings in 1987 when co-owner Ron Leclerc began selling pool supplies out of the back of his Camaro. In 2001, Ron and his wife Debbie opened their 7,000 square foot facility in Coventry. This extensive and beautiful showroom is the result of years of hard work and represents a long-standing tradition of excellence and commitment to giving Rhode Islanders the best pool and spa service, advice, and products.
From installing vinyl liner inground swimming pools to selling gorgeous Dimension One hot tubs to offering free water-testing and professional service in their store, The Pool Doctor of Rhode Island is your place for everything pool and spa. They are a proud BioGuard Platinum Dealer and also offer a huge selection of other brands of swimming pool and hot tub supplies, including Loop-Loc Pool Safety Covers, above ground pools, and Hayward equipment. But, more than anything, The Pool Doctor of Rhode Island strives to give their customers a wonderful experience from beginning to end.
Visit The Pool Doctor of Rhode Island at 2200 Nooseneck Hill Road in Coventry or at splashtime.com or give them a call at (401) 392-1300. They serve all of Rhode Island, including Coventry, West Greenwich, East Greenwich, North Kingstown, South Kingstown, Exeter, Richmond, and Hopkinton.