How to Close Your Pool with BioGuard®
Pool Closing | 9.21.2018
Winterizing is the most important thing you can do to make your spring pool opening as easy as possible. There are enormous benefits to correctly closing your pool, including:
- Protecting your pool surfaces and equipment; protecting your investments
- Keeping water looking its best all winter long
- Protecting equipment from freeze damage
- Saving time and money on extra maintenance when you open your pool
Whether you completely cover your pool or just reduce maintenance, BioGuard® can make winterizing painless. Convenient Arctic Blue® Winter Kits include the products you need for cold weather care. Stop by The Pool Doctor to pick up your kit today.
While on vacation, debris and bacteria can collect in your pool and upset the water balance. Consider a “vacation plan” to prevent problems so you can come home to a clear pool and not a messy surprise.
- Contact your BioGuard Dealer for a vacation maintenance plan. (Your dealer can give you instructions based on your specific BioGuard Program.)
- Clean your pool thoroughly, brushing and vacuuming walls and floors.
- Test pool water and make sure it’s properly balanced. Anything that’s out of balance, especially total alkalinity or pH, will likely get worse when left unattended.
- Run your pump at least eight hours a day to ensure adequate filtration. (Either set your timer or ask a neighbor to turn it on and off.)
- Upon returning, have your BioGuard Dealer perform a water analysis to ensure that your pool is properly balanced and ready for swimming.
Your Local BioGuard Platinum Dealer
The Pool Doctor of Rhode Island is your local full-service pool company and BioGuard Platinum Dealer. We carry a full line of products for all of your swimming pool or hot tub maintenance needs. All of our employees are knowledgeable and professional and can help you find the right answers to your questions. For nearly 30 years, we’ve been dedicated to providing the best customer service, best prices, and the friendliest staff in Rhode Island.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Pool Doctor of Rhode Island is the leading full-service pool and spa company in Rhode Island. Their business had its beginnings in 1987 when co-owner Ron Leclerc began selling pool supplies out of the back of his Camaro. In 2001, Ron and his wife Debbie opened their 7,000 square foot facility in Coventry. This extensive and beautiful showroom is the result of years of hard work and represents a long-standing tradition of excellence and commitment to giving Rhode Islanders the best pool and spa service, advice, and products.
From installing vinyl liner inground swimming pools to selling gorgeous Dimension One hot tubs to offering free water-testing and professional service in their store, The Pool Doctor of Rhode Island is your place for everything pool and spa. They are a proud BioGuard Platinum Dealer and also offer a huge selection of other brands of swimming pool and hot tub supplies, including Loop-Loc Pool Safety Covers, above ground pools, and Hayward equipment. But, more than anything, The Pool Doctor of Rhode Island strives to give their customers a wonderful experience from beginning to end.
Visit The Pool Doctor of Rhode Island at 2200 Nooseneck Hill Road in Coventry or at splashtime.com or give them a call at (401) 392-1300. They serve all of Rhode Island, including Coventry, West Greenwich, East Greenwich, North Kingstown, South Kingstown, Exeter, Richmond, and Hopkinton.